CAMPUS HISTORY AND PHOTOS
In the period between 1937 and 1966, the student population in Edgemont grew from 384 students to over 1600. It was during this period of rapid growth that the district expanded from one K-9 school (what is now Seely Place School) to the current configuration of three schools, one of which is Greenville School. Greenville opened in the 1950-1951 school year. Its physical plant consisted of eight classrooms and its enrollment was approximately 150 students in grades K-3. The physical plant has been expanded three times since then, in 1960, 1970, and 2003.
Today Greenville serves a diverse community of families living in the western portion of Edgemont. Almost five-hundred students in grades K-6 attend Greenville. Greenville’s principal is Ms. Jennifer Allen and its professional staff includes 79 teachers, clerical workers, and staff.